Bangladesh vs India 2nd T20I – Live Cricket
THE TEAM NEWS
- India were hugely disappointing in the first T20 clash in Delhi as their below-par total of 148/6 proved to be nowhere near enough and they lacked the incision and star quality of the absent Jasprit Bumrah when it came to trying to defend the total.
- Rohit Sharma continues to deputise as skipper in Virat Kohli’s absence and he will be desperate to turn it around here so his first priority will be to lead from the front with the bat and hope the talented middle order of Rahul, Pant and Iyer can also raise their game and make significant contributions.
- The may consider making a change to the bowling unit for this game with Shardul Thakur and Rahul Chahar both candidates to come into the side and Khaleel Ahmed could be the one to make way if they do make a change.
- Bangladesh made history in the opening match of this series as the seven-wicket win was their first ever over India in this format of the game at the ninth attempt of asking so their confidence is flying coming into this match.
- Their bowlers paved the way for the victory with an outstanding economical display and skipper Mahmudullah used eight different bowlers in that match which worked particularly well for them.
- They will surely go unchanged for this match barring any unknown fitness issues after such an excellent all-round display although they will be hoping for a better opening partnership with the bat and more from key man Liton Das at the top of the order.
India vs Bangladesh T20 2019: Squad, Team List
India squad: Rohit Sharma(c), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Sanju Samson, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant(wk), Washington Sundar, Krunal Pandya, Yuzvendra Chahal, Rahul Chahar, Deepak Chahar, Khaleel Ahmed, Shivam Dube, Shardul Thakur
Bangladesh squad: Soumya Sarkar, Mohammad Naim, Mahmudullah (c), Afif Hossain, Mosaddek Hossain, Animul Islam, Liton Das, Mushfiqur Rahim, Arafat Sunny, Al-Amin Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Shaiful Islam, Abu Haider Rony, Mohammad Mithun, Taijul Islam.
Who will win India vs Bangladesh, 2nd T20 2019?
No Shakib-al-Hasan? No problem. Bangladesh carry a 1-0 series lead into their second match of this three-game T20i series with India, after winning in Delhi. The match, at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot, takes place on November 7 and starts at 19:00 local time.
Despite being rocked by news of their star all-rounder’s suspension, and having Tamim Iqbal drop out due to the birth of his second child, Bangladesh won the opener as Mushfiqur Rahim hit 60* and the Tigers chased 149 in 19.3 overs.